1. Someone once told me, “Beauty is short lived. We need to be developing our charming personalities.” They were right.
2. A red frisbee has many uses.
3. My son is finally — finally, after 15 years of coercion by moi — watching THE GODFATHER movies. The best motion pictures ever made. Period. No really. Period!!
4. At 3 and 4 in the morning, the stars shine bright as hell over my house. I don’t remember ever seeing them before. If I’m up, I’m either writing, reading, or watching a trashy movie for the 47th time. With JoJo’s arrival, I’m outside at all hours. Outside is exquisite.
5. I am covered in dog hair and puppy slobber. I rarely shower. I feel pretty.
6. *** redacted**** I don’t want to spoil the surprise for the person getting these champagne flutes! (pictured above)
7. On July 19, I beat 3 men at golf. On a tough course. By a lot. 🙂
8. I love history and an art gallery. This summer I went through Churchill’s War Rooms. To London’s National Gallery twice. To the British Library. It wasn’t even close to enough.
9. In Napa, I learned how wine is made. How nature —- owls, blue birds, mice, mosquitoes, flies, bats — work. Way cool.
10. I bought dinner napkins, nose-strips, and potato chips at Walgreen’s. More than once. That’s how much I hate the “experience” of Target.
10. Recapping summer 2011: I traveled way too much, ate way too much, drank too much, played and played, and gained what must be a million pounds. London, Seattle, Napa, Hawaii, Newport Beach, Indiana. I met AmyG, Averil, Downith! I’m exhausted. I’m content. When my last flight landed this past Sunday (hard and bouncing in high winds all over the damned place) I thought, That’s It! I’m Done!
This is/was the best summer in recent memory. Tell me your highlights.