1. Today my mother has been gone 11 years.
2. I went to bed last night reading this book, one of those books I swore I wouldn’t read because I hate the title and, as often happens, I’ve found is pretty good.
3. I woke up with a stiff neck. The acupuncturist would say, “Oh, your neck is stiff? Don’t lose your head!”
4. Today is Aunt Mary’s 69th birthday. Eleven years ago, my mother died on her birthday. Aunt Mary had a heart attack this week and is in the hospital. Yesterday she said, ” I don’t want to be 70.”
5. Janis Ian will be in Santa Cruz on March 31, Easter night. I’ll be in the audience, listening to this song.